Linen blankets are durable, hypoallergenic, breathable, and moisture-wicking. Plus, they grow both softer and stronger with use.
Anyone that's slept under linen blankets will understand what all the fuss is about. Breathable and durable, quality linen blankets and covers will keep you warm in winter and cool in summer, get softer and cosier with every wash and, if looked after, will last you a lifetime. On top of that, they will make your bedroom or living room look fabulous.
What you do need to put effort into is careing for your linen blankets: washing and drying them correctly to ensure they last the distance.
WASHING AND DRYING LINEN BLANKETS
Linen is a fabric that actually gets softer and more luminous the more it's washed.
- Wash linen in cold or warm water on a gentle cycle.
- Best to dry naturally in a shady spot.
- No ironing is required and we recommend not using a dryer however if it is a must, use a tumble dryer on a low setting (cannot be hot). Do not dry clean as it weakens the fibre.
- Do not leave wet on wood as this could lead to stains.
- Important not to use harsh detergents or bleaches as this can leave marks.